AdShark, a leading marketing agency in Fargo, North Dakota, is looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist to join our team! If you have a solid understanding of marketing fundamentals (audience, message, and medium), strong written and verbal communication skills, and a desire to grow the brands you work with: you’re the perfect fit.
Come join our team & see why the FMWF Chamber selected AdShark as the Young Professionals’ “Best Place to Work” in 2023!
The Role in a Nutshell
The Digital Marketing Strategist role at AdShark is responsible for the strategy, execution, and optimization of digital advertising activities for our local, regional, and national clients. Each Strategist is responsible for ~8-10 accounts and not only manages their marketing activity, but also maintains and grows our relationships with these VIP clients.
Day-to-Day as a Strategist
The beauty of our world is that no two days are entirely the same. You’ll be presented new challenges that will help both YOU and your clients grow.
Typical tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the paid search and paid social activities of your clients
- Tracking conversions (leads and sales) and optimizing accounts to drive more business growth for your clients
- Collaborating with our Creative team on new campaigns and promotions for the client accounts you manage
- Researching your clients’ competitors and industry to better recognize opportunities for growth
- Preparing for, hosting, and following up on Insight Meetings with your clients - where you discuss account performance, align on current priorities within your clients’ worlds, and proactively pitch strategies and account recommendations to improve performance
- Meeting with representatives from Google, Facebook, and similar platforms to identify account opportunities for your clients
- Attending training sessions and team meetings to learn & share ideas on how to improve overall results in the accounts you manage
- Onboarding new AdShark clients & overseeing the successful migration of accounts (including setting up tracking, discussing launch strategy, and more)
- Building and refining reports that highlight the key metrics (KPIs) for the accounts you manage
- Identifying opportunities to improve client relationships and provide an irreplaceable customer experience for the accounts you manage
- Having so much fun that you start to question if this is really “work”
Traits We Look For in a Strategist
We don’t look for 10 years of agency experience, nor do we have lofty expectations for your current knowledge of digital advertising platforms.
Instead, we look for well-rounded employees with strong marketing instincts that will fit our culture. Some traits that indicate a perfect fit include:
- An understanding of the way people think and act
- An ability to communicate well, both in written & verbal formats
- A knack for recognizing what makes a brand unique
- An interest in social media trends
- The ability to recognize patterns & make changes based on what you see
- A mix of left brain & right brain
- A desire to treat others with kindness and respect
- Resourcefulness & autonomy
- Resilience when facing new challenges
- Passion for helping businesses grow and making an impact in our business community
- Alignment with our core values:
- Committed to Client Success
- Do What's Right
- Strive for Excellence
Why We Think You'll Love Working Here
AdShark has earned the coveted reputation of one of the best places to work in Fargo - and it’s not because we can compete on every front with the big dogs. It’s because we’ve created a workplace that our employees love being a part of.
- Flexibility. We allow employees to set their own hours & have an UNLIMITED PTO policy that gives our staff all the days off they could want.
- Transparency. Our employees all have access to monthly one-on-ones with their manager, quarterly one-on-ones with our Director of Operations, and yearly one-on-ones with our CEO. We also publish our manager meeting notes for the entire company to see what was discussed.
- Growth. Every employee has a Career Path Chart that provides a concrete path to rise within the company. We actively aim for our staff members to grow in their roles at AdShark.
- Parties. Our team loves hanging out with each other. We have routine happy hours, monthly after-work events, routine lunches and potlucks, and all kinds of other ways that we celebrate each other. +1s are always welcome, too.
- Community Connection. AdShark loves supporting the F-M area, and does so through a variety of means: sponsorships, donations, volunteering, school speaking events, and more. You’re welcome to play a role in all of it!
- Pay & Benefits. We also offer a competitive pay & benefits package. Your salary will depend on experience, & we have benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement, & an EAP to maintain mental health. We also do yearly profit-sharing for all employees – a great bonus for your hard work!
How To Apply
Convinced that AdShark is the right place for you to call home? Let’s make it happen. Submit your resume & cover letter through the application form OR directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will review your application & if it feels like your skillset is a good fit for our company, we will be in touch with you to schedule an interview.
AdShark Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.